These are general guidelines for the timing of watering.
These are general guidelines for the timing of watering. If it’s very warm out the timing should be a little more often, or if it’s cool or rainy a little less. Because over watering is bad, don’t hesitate to dig away some of the mulch and some soil to check the soils dampness.
Plants like to be soaked well and then dry out before the next watering.
These watering guidelines are critical to the success of your plantings so please be very conscious of this. But do not worry, your plants are under warranty. Good luck and don’t hesitate to call or write with further questions.
First Month Watering
- Groundcover plants every day or every other day
- Perennial plantings every other day to every 3-4 days
- Shrubs once to twice a week to every 5-6 days
- Trees Once every 5-7 days
From 2-4 weeks, just step everything back. Ex: instead of every day or 2, go to every other day to every 3-4 days ….. And so on.
After the First Month
- Groundcover plants every other day to every 3-4 days
- Perennial plantings once to twice a week to every 5-6 days
- Shrubs once every 5-7 days
- Trees once every 10-14 days
Lastly, we highly recommend root fertilization for all your new plantings. Bartlett Tree experts provide the best service we believe. If you’re interested, please email Skeet at [email protected]. He’s the best!